3rd Annual National Chess Day Tournament
Third Annual Bel Air National Chess Day Tournament
Come to visit Bel Air for two days of chess and explore our town!
For players of all levels! Tournament for USChess Members and casual players.
At the Bel Air Armory, 37 N Main St, Bel Air, MD 21014 on Oct 14 and 15.
Updates and registration at Emmortonrec.com go to the Chess Page
Questions: email RFEChess@yahoo.com
Casual Players Tournament
A great first tournament!
This is a five-round tournament (Swiss System), where players are not eliminated. Time control is 30 minutes per player with 10 seconds added per move.
USChess memberships for the top finishers. One prize for every 10 players. Entry Fee: $5. Only first time USchess members are eligible for these prizes.
Sunday, Oct 15:
Registration, 8:00 – 8:45 am
Round 1, 9:00 am
Round 2, 10:20 am
Round 3, 12:40 pm
Round 4, 2:00 pm
Round 5, 3:20 pm
USChess Rated Tournament
Two sections over two days. A 5 round Swiss System, G/90 + 10.
$1,560 fully guaranteed.
Entry Fee: $40 with registration before 10/13 online and $45 on site.
Open Section: 1st $400; U2000 $240; U1800 $240, U1600 $200
U1400 Sección: 1st $200; U1200 $160; U1000 $120
Saturday Oct 14:
Registration; 7:30 – 8:00 am
Round 1, 8:15 am
Round 2, 12:30 pm
Round 3, 3:30 pm
Sunday Oct 15:
Round 4, 9:00 am;
Round 5, 1:15 pm.
- Spectators Welcome
- Remember your chess etiquette.
- During play, electronic devices must be off and not on your person
- Notation required in USChess rated sections, optional in non-rated section.
- If necessary, we may merge sections to optimize pairings.
- Please bring set, board, clock if possible. While we have many board sets and clocks, this is a big event, and we may run a bit short
- No eating at the board
- USChess rules used for all sections
- Rated sections get priority on clocks